Log Peelers of CLP series
CLP-machines are intended for log home builders, utility pole makers, log traders. The machines debark/peel dry or "green" logs, emulating draw-knife peeling process performed by man. The machines use the technology which have been proposed by Mr. Robert W. Chambers (USA) who is a log home builder, renowned writer and innovator.
In 2015 Woodlandia made scaled down propotype of the peeling/cutting units of the machine for research, experimental and testing purposes. Research & development phase proved the concept and let Woodlandia gain vakuable knowledge and experiene.
The video of prototype peeling unit and model of the full-scale CLP-1machine is available on our channel (click on icon to review it). The results of the CLP peeling have been presented on 2015 ILBA (International Log Builders Association) conference in Monte Bello, Quebeq, Canada. Woodlandia is ready to accept orders for the full scale machine.
Here are technical and marketing data for your review.
Main features of the Log Peeler CLP
1. Debarking & Peeling can be done in manual, automated or semi-automated modes
2. Fast & Quite (upto 6 ft/sec or 2 m/sec)
3. Easy to learn one man operation
4. Produces hand drawknife finish
5. De-barks and drawknife-peels in BOTH directions
6. Wireless controll (like a video game)
7. Easy to assemble and maintain
Few reasons to buy CLP for your business:
1. Increase time for living, building or contacting with customers instead of peeling logs
2. Decrease dependency on unreliable labour
3. Promote your people to better positions
4. Eliminate hard physical labour
5. Increase profitability of your business
6. The machine pays for itself
If you wish to review economical reasons and see how fast CLP-1 will pay for itself, please click here.
Woodlandia offers 2 models CLP-1, CLP-1XL
...in CAD format...
waits for its 1st customer
...in CAD format...waits for its 1st custome
|Min top - Max butt
log diameter range
|min-max log length||8-36ft
|Power option1 (default)||3 phase
|Power option2 (with an extra phase converter)||
|Servo motor power||4HP (3KW)||2 x 10HP (2 x 7.5KW)|
|Head and Tail Stocks to fix and turn a log||Motorized
|Pilling unit max stoke distance
(without relocation of the moving carriage)
|Number of peeling units ("hands")||1||2|
|Knives type||Disposable: Yes
|Automatic mode of operation||No
|In-feed/Out-feed system for quick log feeding||Extra $||Extra $|
|Waste conveyor||Extra $||Extra $|
|Log Lathing Carriage module & upgrade||Extra $||Extra $|
|Swing blade circular saw-mill module||Extra $||Extra $|
|Knives sets included||Disposable: 2
|Knife grinding machine||Extra $||Extra $|
|Warranty (parts only)||12 months||12 months|
|Software firmware upgrade||24 months||24 months|
(can be "upgraded" for colder temperatures)
|32°F to 104°F
(0 to 40°C)
|32°F to 104°F
(0 to 40°C)
Productivity / Output
Output depends on:
- Log species (Pine, Cedar, Spruce, Lurch, Douglas Fir)
- Log crookedness (it is faster to peel straighter logs)
- Number of knots and branch remainings
- Skills of operator
- Organizational proficiency of the production process
In average one can expect following "throughput":
- "Difficult" or very knotty, logs: 24ft/h (7m/h)
- Average logs: 40ft/h (12m/h)
- Nice straight logs: over 50ft/h (15m/h)
Manufacturing & Shipping
The prototype version of Log Peeling Machine CLP-1 has been designed in Canada by Woodlandia Corp. The parts of the machine are manufactured in USA, Canada, Japan and China. The CLP-1 machine is shipped as a kit. The owner of the machine is expected to be mechanically inclined to assemble the machine accordingly to provided assembling manual.
The machine is named after Mr. Robert W. Chambers (USA) who is a log home builder, renowned writer and innovator who makes a significant impact onto the industry promoting the art of handcrafted log home building. Woodlandia expresses a big gratitude to Mr. Chambers for invaluable help as an independed adviser, consultant and attester.
- Please inquire for our price lists ( click here )
- World-wide: 4 payments x 25%: 25% with the order, 25% before shipping, 25% + 25% in between
- We accept: USD, CAD, EURO
- For delivery quotation contact us please inquire (postal or ZIP code of a destination is required). Delivery oversea may require 20ft sea container.
- Please allow 3-6 months for manufacturing and delivery (depends on our workload)
- Limited warranty (parts only) covering bearings, electrical components, motors is provided.
- CSA/ULC/CE certification is optional
- For leasing information please click here